** THIS COMPETITION HAS NOW FINISHED - NEW COMPETITIONS WILL APPEAR HERE IN DUE COURSE **
Following the cancellation of last year’s competition due to lockdown and in light of the present situation the club has decided to run the competition again but with some considered alterations.
Subject – “Lockdown Yorkshire” – an image that shows any aspect of Lockdown since it began in March 2020. This may include the effects in cities, towns, in family life, in work, in the garden, with friends, social distancing, use of masks, loneliness, community activities, nature etc. This is not just a challenge but could/would constitute a historical document of a community during lockdown. Images of this unique period in our history should be recorded.
• Professional photographers are not eligible to enter.
• Entered images will be as emails from phones, tablets, cameras or computers. Emailed images should be sent as ‘jpegs’ and titled, please use the same title of your image as the file name and as on your application form.
• The images should not have been entered for any other competition.
• Each person can enter up to 3 images, each one accompanied with: a “Title”, the candidates ‘Name’, ‘Address’, email address and a ‘Contact telephone number’.
• Emailed images, along with information from the Entry Form, to be sent to: email@example.com
• There will be no entry fee.
• All entries must be the candidate’s own work..
• Issues of privacy: no permission is required for photographing in public places, (it is polite to have permission of identifiable people photographed in public).
• There will be a prize of £100 1st prize plus £50 for 2nd and £25 for 3rd place. The three finalists will also be offered one year’s free membership to Aireborough Camera Club.
• The final date on which entries will be accepted for the competition is Friday 30th April 2021
• The winners in each section will be informed by Saturday 31st July 2021 with presentations at the club’s first meeting of the new season in September 2021.
• Entries for the competition will be accepted from Monday 4th January 2021.
Data Protection Declaration:
The following declaration is in accordance with the Club’s Data Protection Policy which can be read on this website
1. I agree to my personal details being securely stored and only used by the club to contact/inform me of matters relating to the Open Competition.
2. I agree that digital images submitted for the Open Competition may be used for promotional and publicity purposes.
The competition is sponsored by: Aireborough Rotary, Brewin Dolphin and C R Robson & Son.
- Entry Form in MS Word Format